1. AFT is Celebrating its 15th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 21st Year with the AFT Care Guide. Thank you for being a part of AFT!

Custom Tanks in Adelaide?

Discussion in 'General Turtle Care Discussion' started by Davarian, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Luvmyturtle

Luvmyturtle Hatchling Turtle

Yes agree and believe me, I have been to every aquarium store in Adelaide North, South, East and West and I live in Adelaide Hills. Watergardens Lonsdale sell cheapest plants 5 bunches for $20 where others only sell three for $20. Pets domain sell 10 neons for $10 and $1 for rosy barbs. Seaview Aquariums if your looking for cheap plastic ponds they are cheaper than Fish Haven. Darren at Elite Fish is great, I bought my turtle from him 6 years ago but they are about fish. He does like the the turtles and they did inherit Gary who in fact was a female Short neck but no longer with us. They dont raise turtles and get them from a breeder here in the hills.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 12, 2017 ---
    Kev your set up is the best but Vic is cheaper with a lot of things Adelaide small country town even stuff for sale on gumtree is cheaper over there.

2. smoyle

smoyle Sub-Adult Turtle
    Staff Member Silver Level Supporter

Hahahaha, honest mistake I know, but Kev isn't in Vic, and would be horrified for anyone to think he is. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Luvmyturtle

Luvmyturtle Hatchling Turtle

Yeah and I can't wait for Darren to finish the new display he is going to do. I know I'm addicted You would have spoke with either Amy or Darren's wife. Amy doesn’t know turtles. I actually told them about the info on AFT and my struggles to get river sand etc. They are a great family business all involved.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 12, 2017 ---
    Oops, sorry I assumed he was, sorry my mistake. For some reason I thought he lived near Amazing Amazon. My apologies.

4. Chigibub

Chigibub Hatchling Turtle

Setup is looking great so far. :) Went in today as Darren has found a supplier for calgrit as well. Much easier having somewhere in the hills to buy it than having to travel to Adelaide all the time and/or try to get it from interstate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #24 Chigibub, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017