1. AFT is Celebrating its 15th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 21st Year with the AFT Care Guide. Thank you for being a part of AFT!

Hello trying to start my own licence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zacbazz, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Zacbazz

Zacbazz Egg

Hello! I realised you have to be 18 to make your own licence for a turtle but I did read somewhere if I do it by the paper version of signing up I can take ownership of the reptile myself but have "permission".
    I have printed out the form to complete but I'm not sure how you are meant to pay it??
    Any help at all thanks.
    (Queensland STATE)

2. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Staff Member Platinum Level Supporter

Hi and welcome to AFT.

I'm not sure about a licence for anyone younger than 18 in QLD. You will probably need to ring Ecoaccess during office hours and find out.

3. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Administrator
    Staff Member

All Connect users must be aged 18 or over. This means that for anyone under the age of 18 who wishes to hold a licence they will need a parent or legal guardian to register as the user of Connect and lodge any applications under their name.

Establishing and maintaining a customer account is free. For users applying for a licence, there is a user fee of 7% of the existing regulatory fee (except where the licence application fee is $1,000 or more - in which case the user fee is capped at $70.)