1. AFT is Celebrating its 16th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 22nd Year providing the AFT Care Guide. AFT is a not-for-profit charity administered 100% by voluntary staff only.

New turtle tank!

Discussion in 'Keeping Turtles Indoors (Aquariums)' started by kerryf88, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Craig

Craig Owner/Administrator/Public Officer
    Staff Member Platinum Level Supporter

Hi Kerry, you would almost be able to get into your tank and clean it once it's set up. ;) Now the fun begins.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kerryf88

kerryf88 Sub-Adult Turtle

I've never actually thought about that. Let's hope not, will clean it and fill it up with water tomorrow to test for any leakage. Let's see how things goes. Too late to put a carpet underneath now.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2017 ---
    Hopefully the weight gets distributed around the 4 sides.
    IMG_5119.JPG

3. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck with it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kerryf88

kerryf88 Sub-Adult Turtle

Hey guys an update on the tank. Still in the process of getting it all setup. At the moment I'm running the extra filter in the old tank for a few weeks to build up beneficial bacteria.

Bought driftwood the other day and I reckon it fit perfectly. The guy at the fish shop told me the wood is already treated and that I do not need to boil or soak it, but I plan to soak it in the tank with colloidal silver added in to kill off any bacteria that might be on it or in the tank itself, and just leave the tank filled up. And then will siphon all water out of the tank before the big move and put in new water.

Bought new tubing for my Eheim filter as the tubing I had for the old tank is too short for the new tank.

IMG_5884.JPG