1. AFT is Celebrating its 15th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 21st Year with the AFT Care Guide. Thank you for being a part of AFT!

Painted turtle, 4ft Tank + kit. Ipswich Pickup

Discussion in 'Want to Sell' started by bec.sloan, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bec.sloan

bec.sloan Egg

We are sadly looking to give up our turtle and aquarium set up. Pick up from Ipswich QLD, $600. Best contact is to text Rebecca on 0479047877.

Included in the sale price:

10 year old painted turtle in good health, approx 15cm diameter. His name is Turtwig but he doesn't seem to know that so I'm sure you can change it. (Painted turtles are a tropical species and require water temperature between 27.5 and 30deg.C all year round).

300W Titanium Heater With Digital Controller (suitable for fresh and salt water).

Fluval FX6 filter purchased 04/04/15 with 3 year warranty, receipt provided. (This filter has changed my life, it is awesome. Had previously been using Eheim canisters and this is so much easier and more effective!).

Eheim quickvac pro. Automatic gravel cleaner and sludge extractor. (Not bad, you can do a quick clean in a minute or two without the whole bucket set up. Certainly easier than the siphon gravel cleaners).

4ft tank (123x46cm 45cm high), timber stand (61cm high, and adds about 2cm to other tank dimensions), with storage underneath. Both made by G & J Maher Aquarium Furniture in QLD).

2ft Aqualina hood with UV light (the fluoro will be due for a change soon).

Large floating dock (I think the brand is zoo med).

Other bits and pieces if you need them for water treatment, testing etc. We can arrange how much water/gravel you want retained from the tank to transfer with new set up.

Tank.JPG

Turtwig.jpg

Filter.JPG

Heater Control.JPG

QuickVac.JPG

#1 bec.sloan, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. Aussiepride83

Aussiepride83 Administrator
    Staff Member

3. bec.sloan

bec.sloan Egg

Sorry, haven't been looking at this... here are some photos. Also, turtle alone would be free to a good home. I can sell the kit else where but I am reluctant to adopt him out through gumtree or wherever as I want to be sure he is well looked after.

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

#3 bec.sloan, May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Aussiepride83

Staff Member

Hi Rebecca, thank a million for the photos. A few questions, has Turtwig been kept for the last 10 years in his aquarium with lids on it?? I'm a little concerned about his general health if this is the case as beneficial UVB from your reptile fluoros will not penetrate glass at all thus leaving your turtle lacking. Also, a substantial buildup of condensation/humidity is evident in the photos which is also detrimental. Please confirm that his tank does or does not have lids on it.

What has his diet been consisting of in your care? I see he's kept on a substrate of aquarium gravel too instead of the recommended river sand & calgrit.

5. bec.sloan

bec.sloan Egg

I can't seem to figure out how to remove this thread.... I'm sure I'll get there eventually but in the meantime thought I'd post to say this is no longer available, Turtwig has found a wonderful new home.

6. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Staff Member Platinum Level Supporter

Great news, thanks for letting us know!

7. Aussiepride83

Staff Member

Thanks for answering my questions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.