1. AFT is Celebrating its 16th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 22nd Year providing the AFT Care Guide. AFT is a not-for-profit charity administered 100% by voluntary staff only.

Turtle Breeders QLD?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Nathan Dockett, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Nathan Dockett

Nathan Dockett Hatchling Turtle

Hey guys, I'm back once again with a few more questions.
    So I've gone through the past few weeks reading as much information as possible on the site of peoples stories and all the information provided. So I'm wondering if there are any Saw-shelled turtle breeders in QLD. In around the late October-mid November months I will be purchasing my turtle (after I've cycled etc.). Also if there are any breeders do they sell I think it's *leucistic* ? (That's only my opinion though) Thanks guys! :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nathan Dockett

Also thinking of becoming a bronze donator soon!

3. Craig

Craig Owner/Administrator/Public Officer
    Staff Member Platinum Level Supporter

Hi Nathan,

I used to breed Saw-shelled turtles on the Sunshine Coast but have moved interstate now. I can tell you that Saw-shelled turtles are a good beginners turtle as they are very hardy.
    I haven't heard of anyone breeding leucistic Saw-shelled turtles though. Leucistic turtles are a lot more expensive than normal turtles.

Below are twin (from the same egg) leucistic Krefft's turtles I bred.
    4621-1503278607-d82149f272a222c011deb5f98e505664.jpg

Below is a photo comparing the leucistic twins with a normal Krefft's turtle from the same clutch.
    4622-1503279181-baf5db3984eaa65545effc1483198c05.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nathan Dockett

Aw shucks, thanks though Craig! Also those turtles look wild. Thanks for the reply. :)