1. AFT is Celebrating its 15th Consecutive Year of Helping Freshwater Turtles & Turtle Keepers Online and 21st Year with the AFT Care Guide. Thank you for being a part of AFT!

turtles.net.au stickers

Discussion in 'AFT Product Sales' started by Craig, Dec 15, 2009.

1. TheyAreDudes.

TheyAreDudes. Senior Turtle

That's sad about the floods.

LOL So you stopped, oh, once in SA then? And about 50 times in NSW?

2. Sashaaaaaa

Sashaaaaaa Sub-Adult Turtle

River? SA? We don't have rivers... We have some creeks but there's no water in them. We don't have water here... Where did you get the car?

3. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Platinum Level Supporter

I picked it up in the centre of Adelaide and drove through to Victoria, through NSW and up to the Sunshine Coast. I meant the rivers in VIC, NSW and QLD Sasha.

4. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Platinum Level Supporter

Yes, once in SA just to pick up the car. I wasn't going to dive in any rivers in SA Sarah. I didn't want to pick any strange diseases from the Adelaide River and risk contaminating the other 3 states. :laugh: Besides that, I've seen the movie 'The hills have eyes' and I've always believed that they were referring to the Adelaide Hills. :hide:

5. TheyAreDudes.

I think the river you're referring to is the Torrens. Hardly a river, it's either a creek or a toxic waste dump. What I mean by once was the Murray. :laugh:

6. Sashaaaaaa

I've always called the Torrens a lake, because there's no water flowing through it! It's still as, they put water features in to give the illusion of moving water... I remember seeing it when they drained it a few years ago.... ewww

7. Sashaaaaaa

And the Adelaide River is in Darwin isn't it?

8. Craig

Craig Administrator
    Platinum Level Supporter

My bad! I meant the Torrens.

9. TheyAreDudes.

Yes, Adelaide River is in Darwin. I just didn't want to imply to Craig that his brain was failing him as well as his body. :laugh:

There is the Torrens River/River Torrens (River Torrens I guess technically) and the Torrens Lake - the lake is the still bit everyone associates with the CBD, but this is only because it has been dammed to allow blue green algae to bloom. :lookaround:I mean, to allow people to wander along water all year round, and rowers to train, and people to jog next to it...

It actually starts as a creek up near Mt Pleasant, and goes to a "river" (by SA standards, anyway), is then dammed at the lake, and then goes into a concrete "river" to the sea.

10. Azlan

Azlan Adult Turtle

Some parts of it look nice, but it's not a healthy creek. I live right beside it, flows nice when its raining of course, River Torrens that is. We only live in the driest state and on the driest continent in the world, that has to say something for SA's rivers. Starting to wonder why I live here now :(

11. Sashaaaaaa

Driest state on the driest continent alright. I reckon I live in the driest town too! That filthy lake has more water in it than all the creeks around here in the heaviest flood! haha